Consulting, Memos, Resources
Memo: Lifeline Supported Services
August 11, 2020
Lifeline Supported Services Minimum Standards
New standards take effect December 1, 2020.
On July 31, 2020, the FCC released a Public Notice announcing the new Lifeline Minimum Standards that will take effect on December 1, 2020:
- Fixed Broadband: 25/3 Mbps with 1024 GB of usage per month
- Exception: If 25/3 Mbps is unavailable at the subscriber’s location, the Lifeline benefit can be applied toward the highest performing fixed broadband residential offering available but must be at least 4/1 Mbps.
- Mobile Broadband: 11.75 GB per month with 3G or better mobile technology
- Mobile Voice: 1,000 minutes per month (no change)
- Fixed Voice: No minimum service standard (no change)
- Note: Effective December 1, 2020, the Lifeline benefit for voice service will decrease from $7.25 to $5.25.
Download the full memo for additional detail.VPS Memo - Lifeline Minimum Standards
For information on this issue or if you would like GVNW-VPS guidance, please contact these members of the GVNW- Vantage Point Solutions consulting team:
Mara Vasile at (605) 995-1828
Courtney Spears at (830) 895-7221
Steve Gatto, JD at (830) 895-7226