IT Security Specialist
June 28, 2022
Vantage Point Solutions (VPS) is a leading IT security and network engineering and consulting company focused on customer service and driven by a passion for advanced technology. We help our clients grow through a comprehensive line of services and assessments that blend IT security, technology, and risk management expertise into one attractive package for the companies we serve.
What You’ll Be Doing
As an IT Security Specialist at VPS, you will work primarily with financial institutions and telecommunications providers to help them improve their cybersecurity. You will work both individually and as a team to conduct client assessments, write reports, make recommendations for improvement, and communicate with clients both over the phone and in writing. You will also contribute to the constant improvement of Vantage Point’s cybersecurity as well as cultivate an innovative mindset that leads to the development of new services.
- Conduct all phases of IT-related assessments including planning, field work, writing reports, and consulting with clients’ staff to remediate issues identified.
- Follow up with clients as necessary regarding deficiencies noted during IT-related assessments.
- Make recommendations regarding how to build a strong IT framework.
- Respond to and resolve customer service requests in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Provide support for system security configurations and implementations.
- Develop and deliver cybersecurity training content for VPS staff and clients.
- Describe technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Continuously monitor industry threats and trends and apply this knowledge to IT security.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
What it Takes to Succeed
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask and complete assignments on time.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
- Information Technology-related degree or equivalent experience.
- Drive to learn more about cybersecurity and related topics. Foster a growth mindset.
- Travel is expected to be less than 10% for this role, but candidates should have the ability to travel within the United States of America as required.
- Must be able to pass a full background investigation.
What We Offer
- Partial ownership in the company. VPS is employee-owned (ESOP).
- Opportunities for additional training.
- Positive company culture and flexible work environment.