Wireless Staff Engineer
February 3, 2023
Who is Vantage Point?
Vantage Point Solutions (VPS) is a leading network engineering and consulting company focused on customer service and driven by a passion for advanced technology. The VPS wireless team helps our clients grow through a comprehensive line of services and assessments that blend RF knowledge, technology insight, and operational expertise into one attractive package for the companies we serve.
What You’ll be Doing
As a Wireless Staff Engineer at VPS, you will work primarily with wireless telecommunications providers to help audit and suggest improvements to their existing and propose new operations. You will work both individually and as a team to conduct wireless network assessments, write reports, make recommendations for improvement, and communicate with clients both over the phone and in writing. You will also contribute to the constant improvement of Vantage Point’s wireless team as well as cultivate an innovative mindset that leads to the development of new services.
- Conduct all phases of wireless network assessments including planning, field work, writing reports, and consulting with clients’ staff to remediate issues identified.
- Follow up with clients as necessary regarding deficiencies noted during network assessments.
- Make recommendations regarding how to build a robust fixed wireless access network.
- Provide support for fixed wireless system configurations and implementations.
- Develop and deliver training content for VPS staff and clients.
- Describe technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Continuously monitor industry fixed wireless network trends and technology advancements.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
What it Takes to Succeed
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask and complete assignments on time.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
- Engineering-related degree or equivalent operational experience.
- RF design and a thorough understanding vendor equipment specifications experience preferred.
- Drive to learn more about fixed wireless technologies and related topics. Foster a growth mindset.
- Travel is expected to be less than 10% for this role, but candidates should have the ability to travel within the United States of America as required.
- Must be able to pass a full background investigation.
What We Offer You
- Partial ownership in the company. VPS is employee-owned (ESOP).
- Opportunities for additional training.
- Positive company culture and flexible work environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.vantagepnt.com.