RDOF (Rural Digital Opportunity Fund)
- $20.4 Billion opportunity
- Reverse Auction
- Slated for 2020
ReConnect Round 2
- Appropriations for second round of funding are $512 Million
- Application window opens January 31, 2020
- Three funding categories:
- 100% Grant
- 50/50 Loan/Grant
- 100% Loan
State Grant Programs
Multiple states have committed hundreds of millions of dollars to improving broadband to their residents. These programs are competitive and frequently have very short application windows.
We work regularly with lenders such as CoBank and CFC for projects across the country. Vantage Point’s experience with successful broadband buildouts means you can take our expertise “to the bank” – starting with reliable feasibility analysis and continuing through to your long-term success.
These loans come with extremely low interest rates, and Vantage Point has a 100% approval rate with RUS loan designs secured for our clients. We are a great partner for RUS loans:
- RUS loans have two primary components: engineering plans and financial projections. VPS offers both services under the same roof – including 8 Professional Engineers – and that synergy is key to client success.
- Our RUS loan design experience includes many scenarios, from outside plant and electronics construction, to unique situations that include acquisitions and debt refinancing.
- VPS has a strong relationship with the RUS team. Our loan design team has over 100 years of collective experience, and is often asked for feedback on RUS program elements.